Monday, April 9, 2012

Monday Melodies: Time In Between


Time In Between by Francesca Battistelli
You were there when your Father said
Let there be light
You obeyed when He whispered
Son, You have to leave tonight
To spend nine months in a mothers womb
Three days in a borrowed tomb

(Chorus One)
But it’s the time in between
That brings me to my knees
Knowing you came for me
And all that I can't be
I'm amazed, so amazed
And I thank You for the time in between

Don't take much for this crazy world
To rob me of my peace
And the enemy of my soul
Says You’re holding out on me
So I stand here lifting empty hands
For you to fill me up again

(Chorus Two)
But it’s the time in between
That I fall down to my knees
Waiting on what You'll bring
And the things that I can't see
I know my song’s incomplete
Still I'll sing in the time in between

So many ways
Your love has saved the day
And I'm grateful for them all

(Chorus 3)
But it’s the time in between
The middle of two thieves
That says everything
It’s the reason I believe
I'm amazed, so amazed
And I thank you for the time in between
Oh Lord, I thank you for the time in between



Yesterday we celebrated The Resurrection of our Lord,
 Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
We celebrated that He arose from the dead,
conquered sin and death,
tore the curtain and crossed the chasm
of our sins so we could have a relationship
with a Holy God.
He became our sacrifice, paid the price,
and extended His earned place in heaven
to us if we would only believe and accept it.

BUT....
This song speaks an important truth.
It was the time in between that made it possible.
Anyone could die for you.
But it wouldn't do the job.
Between His miraculous birth
and dramatic death,
Jesus lived a perfect, sinless life,
becoming the Spotless Lamb
that was our final sacrifice.


He lived a victorious, holy life
for us.
HIS LIFE was the important part.
His resurrection speaks that death and sin
cannot snuff out a victorious, holy life.
He carried the victory and authority of His life
to the grave, and that is how He conquered it.

The time in between, means everything.

For us, the time in between our birth and death
determines where we spend eternity.

How we handle HIS time in between,
makes the difference.
It matters.

He spent His in between time for you,
how are you spending yours?
~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you! Your comments make my day!

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with me!

I read every.single.comment. And reply to them as well, so be sure to check the "Notify Me" box so you will receive my reply!

~Des~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...