Wednesday, July 17, 2013

{Spotlight}
Skirting the Issue: A Sew Along

Hey y'all, I have something to share with you today.
Have you found your way to the blog Simple Simon and Company by chance?
I recently did, and while I've been too busy to really peruse their sight,
I did come across something I wanted to share with you.

They are hosting a sew along called
"Skirting the Issue".



Here is how it works:
Make a skirt, a pillowcase, a blanket etc. and donate it to a local charity, or mail your finished project to the gals at Simple Simon who would be happy to bring it to a charity for you.
 
Skirts will be going to foster homes, usually tween and teen girl sizes are in short supply.
Pillow cases go to hospitals and children clinics...this would be a great opportunity to use up any fun, whimsical and childlike prints you have in your stash!

Also....
They are giving away prizes to those who participate.
Lots of great gift cards, but get this, they are giving away a new Singer Sewing machine!!





To be eligible for the prizes, you must upload a picture of your completed project(s) onto their Flickr group album by the 18th of August.
 
I think this is a great idea for a sew along.
I'm hoping to be able to do it myself, but I haven't committed yet because my schedule has gotten pretty busy. But I didn't want any of you missing out on a fun opportunity.
 
For more information, here is a link to the Fact Sheet, a link to the post about the giveaways,
and another link to the initial announcement post.

So, do you think you will participate?

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this sounds like a wonderful idea! Thank you for sharing with us :) By the way, your blog looks lovely.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it though?! It was too good to keep to myself. I'm pretty much always on the lookout for sew alongs. :) Thank you, once again. Just trying to make it a little more personal. And I have to admit...buttons and badges attract me like shiny objects do a bird. LoL. :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you! Your comments make my day!

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with me!

I read every.single.comment. And reply to them as well, so be sure to check the "Notify Me" box so you will receive my reply!

~Des~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...