Saturday, February 8, 2014

Day #8: Moving Music

Ahh...music.
That word is...well...music to my ears.
It sends exultant flutters and warm ribbons of deep contentment through my being!
..
 As with most areas in my life, I have very eclectic taste when it comes to music.
I listen from anything to Christian Worship, Big Band, Classic, Instrumental and Opera
to Christian Pop, Oldies Hits, Flamenco, World/Folk music, and some Techno.
A lot depends on the song and the musicians.

Music is very powerful,
and that being the case, I believe we need to be very careful what music we listen to.
Music goes far beyond sound and words, effecting us to the very center of how we think and feel.
You can completely change your mood, perspective on life, and feelings with a song.

Even within the genres which I like to listen to,
there are songs, but more especially artists, that I won't listen to because
of the spirit behind their music.

When I was young my dad taught me the importance of this lesson.
He would play a song for me, then ask me what the spirit was behind that song.
If you listen intently, not to the words, but to the song- was is the predominant feeling you get?
Is it worship? Serenity? Joy?
Or it is anger? Rebellion? Sorrow?

There is a message in music that is deeper than words and notes,
it is what the song makes you feel, where it wants to take you.
Be careful what you feed yourself with.
Always analyze whether what you are 'hearing' is truthful and healthy.

Sure, I listen to some secular music just for fun,
and I like listening to some Christian rap-ish music every now and again.
But it is just like junk food, you shouldn't make a consistent diet of empty, hallow, self-focused music.
All in moderation.


"Everything is permissible"--but not everything is beneficial. 
"Everything is permissible"--but not everything is constructive.
 1 Corinthians 10:23


Anyways.
Getting down from my little soap box,
I'll share just a few of my favorite musical selections with you.
By clicking the links, you will taken to YouTube where you can listen to these amazing songs.



Instrumental and Vocal

Le Onde by Ludovico Einaudi

Summer Rain by Hayley Westenra



Worship and Uplifting 
 
Strong God by Meredith Andrews 
(her entire Worth it All Album is mind blowing!)



Safe by Phil Wickham

Here Goes by Bebo Norman



 Christian Contemporary

He Said by Group1Crew

Something in Your Eyes by Shonlock

 All For You by Ty Tribbett
This one will get your groove on!
I love this one when you need some energy!



Crooning Oldies

Beyond the Sea by Robbie Williams 
(or Frank Sinatra or Kevin Spacey)

If you like that song, you will love any of these...I love this genre of music!
Especially Michael Buble.

A Kiss to Build a Dream On
The Way You Look Tonight
 Almost Like Being In Love
La Vie En Rose


Other

New Soul by Yael Naim

 Say by John Mayer


Enjoy!
If you still didn't get your music fix,
you can search through some of my older posts titled Monday Melodies,
where I used to share some of my favorite selections.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you! Your comments make my day!

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with me!

I read every.single.comment. And reply to them as well, so be sure to check the "Notify Me" box so you will receive my reply!

~Des~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...