Tuesday, July 22, 2014

50th Anniversary & Reunion

I had a busy Fourth of July, y'all!
Every July Fourth that falls around the weekend,
my dad's side of the family has a family reunion, with family that spans back three generations before me!
This was one of those years.
Here is the group picture of our immediate family, at least the ones that could make it.
Aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents!


Can you believe there are at least 20 still missing?!

Here is my pale lookin' self and the rest of my family.


This reunion was extra special because we were also celebrating my grandparent's 
50th Wedding Anniversary!!



See those two large,black and white photos in the corners?
That bombshell and suave movie star are my grandparents.


Sibling photobomb.

 They cut the cake and fed each other all over again.
"Give me a kiss," said Nana.
And he did.
*Smile*


I am so blessed by the example and marriage I have been lived through these
two amazing Christ servants.
Not too long ago, I heard Papa say over the phone to Nana when she
called with vehicle trouble and needed him to come get her...
"I'll always pick you up, babe."

He picked her up all those years ago,
and he ain't about to drop her now.

I had a great time making all the cakes and cupcakes for their celebration!
I'll give you more pictures and details, including Pinterest inspiration, in my next post!
You won't want to miss it!

2 comments:

  1. Happy 50th Anniversary to your darling grandparents. It's such a joy and blessing to see couples make it together that long - it it a testimony to the younger generation :)

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stephanie! It really is a blessing, they are an amazing couple and have taught so many other young couples through the years how to make their marriage last as well. I've learned so much from them. :)

      Delete

I LOVE hearing from you! Your comments make my day!

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with me!

I read every.single.comment. And reply to them as well, so be sure to check the "Notify Me" box so you will receive my reply!

~Des~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...